The Pregnant Workers Fairness Act (PWFA) became effective June 27, 2023, and requires covered employers with 15 or more employees to provide employees with reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions.
Employers must post the new version of the EEOC poster: “Know your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal” as soon as practicable in a conspicuous place where employees will see it. Employers should also consider posting an online version on their websites for remote or hybrid employees. The updates to the poster include the following:
- Clarification that sex discrimination includes discrimination based on pregnancy and related conditions, sexual orientation, or gender identity;
- Identifies harassment as a prohibited form of discrimination;
- Provides information about equal pay discrimination for federal contractors; and
- Uses more straightforward language and formatting; and
- Includes a QR code has been added for employees with a smartphone or other devices to quickly access the EEOC’s website on how to file a charge of employment discrimination.
LINK TO THE POSTER: EEOC_KnowYourRights poster eff 062823