Denver’s Investigations Law Group (ILG) is recruiting new team members to join our growing investigations business.
ILG specializes in providing impartial investigations in the workplace and in educational settings, on a broad range of issues. The successful candidate for the position must meet the criteria below and must have a background in commercial litigation, with a strong preference in labor and employment law, a background and/or interest in investigation, and a desire to be part of this growing venture. Strong writing and analytical skills are central and essential to the position.
ILG is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to investigating and working in a multicultural environment.
- Curiosity and an unwillingness to stop and settle for the easy answer
- Extremely strong analytic skills
- Ability to focus with precise attention to detail
- Excellent analytic writing ability (summary judgment brief writing, investigative report writing) and intense interest in writing at an exceptional level
- Self-motivated and self-monitoring in terms of tasks, deadlines and planning
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines reliably
- Ability to gather and analyze facts with impartiality, and identify and screen out personal bias
- Strong interpersonal and impartial interviewing skills
- Ability to articulate key information succinctly
- Comfortable presenting information to senior partners and clients
- Ability to manage stress in a productive and mature manner
- Flexibility to meet busy work load and diverse responsibilities
- Comfortable working in a small team environment
- Conduct investigations from intake to completion;
- Conduct witness interviews;
- Review, interpret, analyze and evaluate witness statements, documents and physical evidence collected during investigations;
- Review, summarize, create and organize legal documents and information;
- Draft, revise, edit and proofread detailed and polished reports, documents, and correspondence;
- Perform legal research as needed;
- Travel within and outside the state of Colorado, sometimes on short notice; and,
- May also perform other duties as appropriate to the skill, experience and education level of the candidate, and the needs of the office.
- Licensed attorney for the State of Colorado in good standing, or willing to become licensed within six months of relocating.
- 1-2 years of experience practicing commercial litigation in a law firm setting.
- Must be able to adjust to an ever-changing work load and work day.
Preference given to candidates who have:
- Previous workplace investigation experience.
- National law firm, or large regional law firm employment litigation experience
- Federal judicial clerkship
Salary will be determined based on qualifications and experience. Benefits provided. Great office with free parking in Uptown Denver.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, three references and a recent writing sample to:
Investigations Law Group
Jennifer Volmer, Chief Experience Officer